Welcome to the #1 resource for finding a fun and special playdough recipe for your own homemade playdough. We provide you with the popular Traditional Playdough Recipe, but also with other exciting playdough recipes such as Edible Playdough Recipe, Coffee Playdough Recipe and Alum Playdough Recipe.
Being a parent I know how boring some days can be for children. Those rainy days can be really demanding. Activating your child with making and then playing with some homemade playdough gives you the opportunity for a cup of coffee.
A cool playdough recipe
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Food coloring
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a pan.
- Mix the water with the food coloring.
- Add the water/color-mix to the other ingredients, stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, while constantly stiring.
- When the mixture becomes “doughy”, remove from heat and start kneading. (the dough will be hot, so mind your hands)
- When desired texture is achieved, the playdough is finished, enjoy!
In the menu to the right you can find a selection of other great and fun playdough recipes. Try out a few of them, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them!
If you have a recipe for playdough that you want to share with us and our visitors, please don’t hesitate, use our Contact Form and send the recipe to us today. Credits will naturally be given and your recipe will be greatly appreciated, don’t hesitate, we love homemade playdough!